Firstly thanks for all of the entries into the Slurp Beer competition, there were well over 100 entries and 79 people who answered the questions correctly.
The case of beers should be in the post very soon!!
For those of you who didn’t win, there will be a couple more competitions coming up soon, including another one to win a copy of Beer Tickers on DVD.
There were some cracking answers to some of the questions, I did accept slight variations in terminoligy And for those interested in the answers here they are:
- What is the Burton Snatch? Distinctive sulphurous aroma on beers that Were usually produced in Burton due to natural filtrartion of the local water through gypsum beds, can be produced elsewhere through use of mineral salts.
- Where do Batemans brew? Wainfleet All Saints
- What happened at Meux Brewery in October 1814? A giant vat of porter burst and the resulting flood killed at least 8 people
- Who said “We are fighting Germany, Austria and drink; and as far as I
- can see, the greatest of these deadly foes is drink”? Lloyd George in World War 1
- What is Galaxy? A hop variety
- When was SIBA (Society of Independent Brewers) formed and what was it originally called? 1980 Small Independent Brewers’ Association
- Who is the head brewer of Fuller’s Brewery? John Keeling
- Who was the first British brewery to can beer? Felin Foel
- Which Welsh town housed a lager brewery until the 2000? Wrexham
- Which now closed brewery made a beer called Graduate? Morrells of Oxford
- Who are James Watt and Martin Dickie? Founders of BrewDog
- What was the name of the brewer who collaborated with Thornbridge on the Alliance series of beers? Garret Oliver